Transform Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
Serving Paradise Valley and Scottsdale AZWe all know how a great smile can do wonders for your social life, and it sure helps with your work too. With a bright smile full of straight even teeth, you can be more confident with yourself as you deal with people through the day. And in many cases, with just our porcelain veneers Paradise Valley patients can come out looking like a winner.
A porcelain veneer is a slip of porcelain that’s laid in front of your teeth. It’s that simple, but such a procedure brings all manners of benefits.
- It covers up your tooth imperfections. Teeth can have all types of cosmetic problems. They can look stained due to drinking too much coffee regularly. You may have a chip on your front teeth that leaves a very noticeable space when you smile. Or your teeth may grow in different directions so you have a gap between the teeth. All these won’t be seen anymore when they’re covered up by porcelain veneers.
- No one notices that you have veneers. That’s because it looks natural. It’s why porcelain is used, because it really resembles the color and shade of natural teeth. In addition, at the Bieschel Family Dental we take the time and effort to shape the veneer properly, so that nobody notices you’re wearing veneers. Part of the procedure involves preparing the tooth on which the veneer will be placed, so that with the veneer in place it looks just right.
- The porcelain offers extra protection. Porcelain is quite durable, so it can help protect your chipped tooth when you have a veneer on it. What’s more the porcelain material doesn’t stain at all when you drink coffee or soda. So in some ways a tooth with a veneer is tougher. And that’s always a good thing.
- Veneers are very easy to maintain. You don’t need extra measures to protect them, nor do you need special treatments or equipment. You take care of your veneers with the same methods you use to take care of your natural teeth. That means you should brush and floss your teeth regularly and properly. And of course, you also need to visit your dentist every six months, just as you would when you don’t use veneers. It also means you should keep your sugar consumption to a minimum, and that’s good advice whether you wear veneers or not.
- They can last for a long time. It’s not as if you’ll need to change the veneer every six months or once a year. In fact, they can last for many years and in some cases they can last for twenty years. They’re really that tough. And what that means is that you can enjoy your great smile for a very long time.
Beischel Family Dental’s Porcelain Veneer Process
The procedure to get a veneer is simple, and usually it takes two visits. Your teeth are prepared for the veneer, and then a mold is made of your teeth. Then a lab technician creates the veneer with the right shape and shade that matches your teeth. Then when that’s done, you come back for your second visit and you get your veneer in place.
It’s that simple, and yet the benefits for your smile are undoubtedly awesome.
For patients in the Scottsdale area, you can learn more about all of our cosmetic dental procedures by click the link below, including porcelain veneers in Scottsdale